12 February 2012

T H I S B R I G H T F L A S H

I thought I would share these pictures showcased on Dezeen the other day, of an apartment in the Singel in Amsterdam, by Laura Alverez Architects. I laugh because just last week I went to the Piet Hien Eek factory and showroom in Eindhoven, who is a Dutch furniture designer best know for his work with reclaimed wood and industrial materials... and whaddayaknow that's one of his tables in this apartment! The style is just so recognisable, and I love it as it has just the right balance of shabby to modern, and can look right at home in even the most minimal of spaces, case in point right here. The stairs look a bit lethal, but they are very typical of the Old Town style here and are probably pretty normal for a Dutch person! 

No comments:

Post a Comment