9 August 2011

W E A R E N O W H E R E

Source
Well the Edinburgh festival is finally upon us! I only picked up all the brochures and other paraphernalia on Saturday so I'm a little behind the times, as per. I do actually feel quite excited this year though. I think being an Edinburgh resident you can sometimes get a little blasé about it all, but this time I'm determined to catch as many things as I can! This is my first spot, Anish Kapoor's rather stunning waxwork masterpiece which is currently residing in the Sculpture Court at my old gaff, ECA.  I do tend to love eveything that Kapoor does, and the way he can fill a space is incredible. I also love the blood-red, fleshy colour scheme that features in the majority of his work, I think it appeals to my inner scream queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment