3 June 2011

D O T D : M O M E N T O M O R I

Source


If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, right? Not so for Pool, who have given the ubiquitous white garden chair that we all know and love a bit of an emo makeover. Cheerily entitled ‘Souviens toi que tu vas mourir’ which translates as ‘remember that you will die’, the chair is supposed to remind us of our own mortality, and the fragility of life. Not exactly a hot topic of conversation at the average garden party I would imagine! In spite of its gloomy nature I really like it, and kudos to the designers for making a basic object a little bit cooler.  

2 comments:

  1. omdz sorry but that is dope, just showed me mum it ahhahaha - loving it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! And I love looking at interesting furniture and architecture! see you around x

    ReplyDelete