27 June 2011

A R C H A D E 0 2 : I C A N S E E A R A I N B O W

Apologies for being a slacker this past week, design has taken a bit of a back seat to another obssession of mine - Wimbledon. All my blogging time seems to have been spent watching (or screaming at) the tennis instead. I have to say I'm not usually a fan of Ladies Tennis, but the few games I've caught this year have been pretty fantasic, particularly the Laura Robson matches. Did anybody catch them? There have been some ridiculous outfits aswell. The Williams sisters have always been the most 'fashion forward' (ahem) of the Ladies game, but this year there is a new contender in the form of Bethanie Mattek Sands. Described as the Lady Gaga of the sporting world, Bethanie arrived for her match wearing an outfit devised by Alex Noble, the very same man behind Lady G herself. Isn't it something else? I love the ridiculous anti-glare patches! (yes that's what those black things are...)

Bethanic Mattek Sands at Wimbledon


Bethanie at another tournament
 Unfortunately my computer is saying no to tennis today (damn you iPlayer!) so it is back to design blogging for me! As it's another dreary day in Glasgow, I think some pick-me-up design is definately required. I stumbled across the rainbow stair this morning and thought it would a good starting point for a new Archade. The stair itself is but one part of a London home called the Rainbow House,which I might do a full feature on later as it's just so beautiful. I love the contrast between the colours and the stark white walls, and the indentations in the wall for the hand rail. Ah, i feel cheerier already!!

Rainbow House by Ab Rogers


Barajas Airport in Madrid

Streetology T-Shirt Vending Machine by Facet Studio

Les Cabanyes by Arqtel Barcelona
Rainbow House

No comments:

Post a Comment